February 28th, 2006
Italian low-cost airline MyAir will launch 2 new routes this summer. These are Lamezia-Terme to Bologna (Guglielmo Marconi) and Milan (Orio al Serio) to Lampedusa. They will be launched on 01 June 2006 and 22 July respectively.
February 27th, 2006
February 23rd, 2006
Flights are on sale now at www.vueling.com.
MyAir will launch 5 new routes on 13 April 2006. They will begin flying to Sofia in Bulgaria from Bologna (Guglielmo Marconi) and Milan (Orio al Serio), and to the Romanian airports of Timisoara, from Venice (Marco Polo) and Milan (Orio al Serio), and to Bucharest (Baneasa) from Rome (Ciampino).
February 22nd, 2006
Flights can be booked now at www.flybe.com.
February 21st, 2006
It is now possible to check-in online for flights with Vueling. It is possible to print your boarding pass, and customers may board without checking in at the airport if they do not have any hold baggage.
It is possible to check-in from 2 days before your flight until 4 hours prior to departure.
February 18th, 2006
February 17th, 2006
FlyMe has agreed to purchase the recently privatised Lithuanian Airlines, which also recently rebranded to become FlyLAL. The deal will see them acquire 33% initially, and the whole company within 3 years.
Lithuanian Airlines currently has approximately 40% of the Lithuanian market share.
Flights can be booked now at www.hlx.com.
easyJet have launched a trial of online check-in for customers travelling without hold baggage. Passengers can print their boarding pass online and proceed directly to the airport waiting lounge, and can arrive any time up to 15 minutes prior to departure. Customers who have checked in online will be allocated boarding group D.
This trial does not yet extend to the entire easyJet network, but is available on the following routes:
- All flights from Edinburgh
- All flights from London Stansted
- All flights from London Gatwick
- All flights from Glasgow to London Stansted
- All flights from Bristol to Edinburgh
- All flights from East Midlands to Prague
- All flights from East Midlands to Geneva (from 23 February)
- All flights from Amsterdam to Edinburgh (from 21 February)
Flights are already on sale at www.vueling.com.
February 16th, 2006
February 15th, 2006
easyJet have announced that they will launch 4 new routes from Glasgow (International). This follows an announcement that they would cease operating their route from Glasgow (International) to Amsterdam at the end of March.
Further expansion is expected for easyJet at both Glasgow (International) and Edinburgh over the coming months. This is as a result of a new deal to reduce airport charges at these airports for easyJet.
February 14th, 2006
Sky Europe will make Prague their next hub airport. They will launch 7 routes from Prague from 10 April 2006. These will include flights to Amsterdam, Paris (Orly), Milan (Orio al Serio), Barcelona, Naples, Nice and Rome (Fiumicino).
February 9th, 2006
Hapag-Lloyd Express will begin flying between Birmingham and Cologne-Bonn from early May 2006. This is in response to the announcement that Germanwings will scrap their flights on this route at the end of March.
For those wishing to make use of this route, flights are already on sale at www.hlx.com.
centralwings have announced an additional 21 routes for the upcoming summer 2006 season. They intend to fly most of these routes just once or twice per week. Flights include Warsaw to Lamezia-Terme, Malaga, Corfu, Faro, Heraklion, Chania, Girona, Catania, Rhodos, Palma, Palermo, Thessaloniki and Malta. They will also add routes from Krakow to Heraklion, Malaga and Rhodos.
February 8th, 2006
February 7th, 2006
We are pleased to announce the launch of flycheapo.com. This is based on our previous work at cheap0.com, but completely redesigned from the ground up, to provide more information in a more logical format.
- Improved user interface – it is now easier to navigate and locate the information you want. Content has been reorganised such that you now search for airports, countries or places using an alphabetical index.
- Added airport metadata, including distance downtown from the airport and proximity to other nearby settlements.
- Larger volume of customised content – now you can easily view news items and latest routes for specific airlines and airports.
- Added indications of the nearest airports also offering low-cost flights, in case you can’t find the route you want, or the price you want.
- A faster back-end – the site should now run faster than ever.
- Custom RSS feeds for publishers. If you’d like a news feed about your favourite airline or airport for your web site – please get in touch.
- Low-cost airline news from January 2006 (and new routes). Check out what you missed!
For the next week or so the site will officially be in ‘testing’. During this time, please be gentle, but we would definitely be interested in receiving your feedback.
Also, you might be interested in the following features which are coming soon:
- Custom RSS feeds
- More intelligent route searching, and alternative route matching
- Tourist information
- Editorial features
February 6th, 2006
Flights are already available to book at www.vueling.com.
February 5th, 2006
Flights are already available to book at www.air-scotland.com.
Akureyri is the capital of northern Iceland, and according to Iceland Express the airport is within walking distance of the town centre. In their words, ‘from the airport on your own two feet, costs nothing and is good for you’.
WindJet will add flights from Venice (Marco Polo) to Oslo (International) (a route that Norwegian Air Shuttle will also begin flying from June 20006) from early March 2006, and from Palermo and Catania to Paris (Charles de Gaulle) from the end of March.